Sunday, July 4, 2010

Macaroon+Sundays=delight





I'm sure somewhere along the line, you've heard of these amazing, incredible, delectable treats, commonly known as macaroons (or macarons? I'm confused...). On a recent photo shoot for my talented cousin, we sampled these and it was love at first bite. Someone please inform me as to why these were only of late introduction to my life?!?

Since that late Autumn afternoon, I have been having nightmarish thoughts about drowning in a sea of macaroons. No thanks to the creative sweet treats being made into exotic and insane flavour fusions by Adrian Zumbo. This guy is  no regular patissier. Get your hands and tastebuds onto these beauties:




For a girl who cannot make decisions very easily, you can only imagine the predicament I was in that Sunday at the patisserie. Crazy flavours such as beetroot and raspberry, kalamata olive and bergamot candy, custard crunch, pumpkin and orange risotto... what was i to do? 
Thanks to the bombardment of keen customers queuing out the door, it was required that my choice was a hasty one. Mont Blanc it was. G opted for the pinky goodness of beetroot and raspberry.


And don't even get me started on the shelves of freshly baked rye sourdough goodness that were eyeing me off from behind the counter.
Adriano Zumbo Patisserie
296 Darling St, Balmain
View the menu and more information regarding this sweet place here




Two days later and withdrawal symptoms began setting in. Now G was getting nightmarish thoughts. Action had to be taken. One macaroon wasn't enough. Let's fill our  kitchen with all ingredients necessary and see what we come up with.



In attempting to imitate the best, the best chocolate is required. As are the skills of an adept photographer to capture the clumsy ongoings of the novice chef

Waiting, waiting, waiting...


Ok, I've heard they've started classes now. I'm looking into it.
Nonetheless, they were consumed. They were scrumptious. And i am quite pleased that there are ingredients leftover to make more tee hee
Check out more of these photographic skills on g's website:
http://www.krop.com/grantmolony/

No comments:

Post a Comment