Wednesday, July 7, 2010

cafe con leche

I am somewhat, ashamed, perhaps (yes Coralie, me using and abusing) to admit that I like Starbucks. I'm not going to go into detail as to why, why not. It just happened. Albeit, I'm not a devotee nor a star and am only a frequent customer for the green aproned employees when the drizzle outside sets in and an old amiga requires boredom interference, with which I'm well trained in, and more than willing to offer my skilled services.
In comes two grande cafes, extra hot, one with straw, one without.
Two hours of talking are what follows.
Also involved is the SMH from the neighbour who enjoys soy lattes on skim and toasted banana bread with no butter.
Thoughtfully, he's left my favourite page untouched.
Not so thoughtfully, I decide two minutes later.
Outrageous thoughts interrupt the two hour Star session as to what on earth 10-across is and why Tuesday's puzzleman is so evil, but the Monday and Thursday puzzler teases you into thinking you are smart and suddenly able to pen in answers that don't require yesterday's answers for assistance. There is strong urge to succumb to the calling of the thesaurus app recently applied to the iphone. There is also a strong urge to maybe leave the coffee shop and walk around?
eh.
There is also a strong urge to wring that Bombers scarf around Kathleen's neck in hopes that the colours change from black and red, to white and red whilst simultaneously altering the chemical imbalance in her head that has seen her support such a team instead of the gracious pond dwellers, most commonly known as the Sydney Swans. 


Yes, I'm talking to you, penguin umbrella lady.
Round two. Opting for the chai this time as afternoon light sets in and the umbrella sitting at home is of no use. Plenty of laughter occurs when yet another application on the iphone becomes quite the novelty and I fear for my life if I was to post the results.

Let's just say, fat booth. Or shall we blame it on the double mochacino, full-fat, extra whipped crema?
I don't care what you coffee aficionado's say, I still had a nice afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. i say, what a splendid day.

    regarding el fat booth, fearing ones life is unnecessary considering a particular photo that remarkably portrays the 'bad-side' of ones hair. I dare say i look rather special.

    furthermore, to the name calling (kathleen)... well thats a whole other bundle of (wavegrain) chips.

    all in all schmicko, top top job.

    to the venti, skim, extra hot, no whip mocha (followed by the copious and some what unhealthy amount of tea & honey) *clink*

    ReplyDelete